When you make the decision to go into business, you must get a Federal Tax Identification or Employer’s ID Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Your EIN is much like the identification a Social Security Number provides to an individual. Virtually every registration you would make for your business requires your EIN number. When you register your business with your state, you must have an EIN. If you want to establish a credit file for your business with Dun and Bradstreet, you must have an EIN. If you wish to participate in small business set-aside programs, you must have an EIN. Since the passage of the Patriot Act, you must have an EIN to open a bank account.
The only organization that may assign an EIN for your company is the Internal Revenue Service. You may apply for an EIN online if your principal business is located in the United States or U.S. Territories. The person applying online must have a valid Taxpayer Identification Number (SSN, ITIN, EIN). You are limited to one EIN per responsible party per day if you apply online. You will get your EIN instantly if you complete the online application. You may also complete a paper form SS 4 or call your information in into the IRS to apply for an EIN for your company. All methods of applying for an EIN with the IRS are free of charge.
Why then, you may ask, should you use Bizdoks, knowing we are not affiliated with the Internal Revenue Service?
- First and foremost, Bizdoks is the number one document processing website online. We offer the most favorable pricing to perform work for you. Why look at other websites when you will return here.
- We allow you to complete a one-page application that we use to prepare your SS-4 for you, helping you to avoid the most common mistakes and the frustration that goes with them.
- Bizdoks will establish your business credit file with Dun and Bradstreet free of charge with every order for us to prepare your form SS-4 to get your EIN.
- The IRS will give you a temporary EIN online but will then take 30 days or more to get a written copy to you, making it official. But then you face the real possibility of having your temporary intercepted by the wrong parties if it is sent through e-mail ever.
- Bizdoks prepares your documents in a secure environment. Any communications we have with you that includes your EIN or any other confidential information will be mailed to you through the U.S. Postal service. The probability of it being intercepted almost does not exist.
- Within minutes after agreeing to have us prepare your documents for you will have both your EIN and your Duns number on their way to you. If there are any delays we will do the research for you allowing you to get rid of yet another headache related to starting your business.
Click the initials EIN below to add this service to your shopping cart because most any other form you’ll be asked to complete once you open your business will require your EIN.